Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Last Sundays training Spin

Thanks go to assistant club secretary Dermot Cunningham for this report on last Sundays bike training; even though we are getting into party season this training will continue, and is the perfect way to kill off a hangover/ excess of food intake!

'Sunday spin, December 11th 2011.
We started our 40k journey from the IT Car Park as light rain continued to fall. But wearing the correct waterproofs and with my newly fitted back mudguard, (from Chain Driven Cycles of course) we were good to go. We decided to do the loop around the lake, and with the pace beginner friendly, a really enjoyable couple of hours were spent by our group.

I wasn't a great lover of cycling, and prefer swimming and running, but after the spin this morning, I think I'll be spending more time in the saddle. Our Cycling Co-ordinator Stephen Mullane gave each member some good advice a long the way, and with the theme of "nobody will be left behind", the numbers from our Club on meeting up for the Sunday morning spin should increase.

If more experienced Club members want to up the pace, and go longer, they can be accommodated, but beginners and less experienced cyclists will always be especially welcome.

With the Santa Charity 5k run on next Sunday morning, I'll unfortunately miss the cycle, but I hope to return for my Sunday morning spins in January.'